Just awesome and cannot wait to work through that repo, gist, etc.
I understand how links can disappear and such, but for a js fp newbie having the code to be able to run without to many machinations would be quite helpful.

Having this was really helpful with the great Eloquent JavaScript book which includes a sandbox for individual code within the online book which are all available within a code sandbox, but understand the limitations of doing this with every book.

Finally, is there any traction in putting together a lists of unary building-block functions at some point whether in your book, blog, repo, etc?
DZone has a nice summary of the book with reference card available for download when you create and/or login with your free DZone account.

I especially liked the easy way it was to go through some of the code in the main topics from the book through this reference card using using their JS Bin links where it would be great to have these for the exercises in the book too as sometimes it is hard to get the code in the exercises to work within WebStorm or online at: JS Bin, repl.it, JavaScript Tutor, CodePen, and others.

Along these lines, it would also be extremely helpful to have a lists of unary building-block functions at our disposal to better aid in learning functional programming so if such a list could be included in an appendix in the book or within the code it would go a long way in becoming functional faster in JavaScript.

All in all the book is great and compliments my growing list of functional programming resources including the following books: JavaScript Allongé, Eloquent JavaScript, Functional JavaScript, Professor Frisby's Mostly Adequate Guide to Functional Programming, Becoming Functional and Functional Thinking among many other articles and such including the great ReactiveX exercise to work through and I cannot wait for the final two chapters in Functional Programming in JavaScript.
Thanks for your responses and I think all should be good from reading this Your Default VPC and Subnets in the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud User Guide so thanks for this VPC callout in your book and your responses here on this topic as well and the book is a great read while watching the AWS re:Invent 2015 Live Stream.
Could you expand on what exactly the legacy issues are when working through the samples in your book using an existing AWS account created before December 4, 2013?
Using an old account?
You can use your existing AWS account while working on the examples in this book. In
this case, your usage may not be covered by the Free Tier, and you may have to pay for
your usage.
Also, if you created your existing AWS account before December 4, 2013, you should create
a new one: there are legacy issues that may cause trouble when you try our examples.
(Page 27).

Thanks and this looks like a great book which I just heard about on the AWS re:Invent 2015 Live Stream and your website as well.
Just love all the updates with all the great clear and concise text and graphics and GitHub repository immensely aiding learning and assimilation of the Meteor.js way of doing things in 'Meteor_in_Action_v8_MEAP.pdf' and I am rereading the entire book and noticed thus far excluding typos and the like that there is no second step (e.g. 2. Validate data) in 'Figure 1-8: Data flow using latency compensation'. As always thanks for your awesome content and many contributions to the community!
I am not sure if these comments would be considered simple or not and be cleaned up during production of the book, but thought it best to err on the side of caution just to be safe where all comments pertain to the Kindle version unless otherwise stated.

1. Web links are not functional and copy-and-pasting links includes book metadata for the Kindle version necessitating manually editing the link in the browser.

2. Text can be increased in size making it easy to read on a PC, Mac and Kindle, but the size of the figures seem to remain the same size making it difficult to see even on a 27" iMac to say nothing of a 7" Kindle for the Kindle version. For the PDF version the figures do seem to scale a little bit with the text, but in some cases it is still hard to see unless zoomed in quite a bit.

3. For the Kindle version text within the terminal figures are pixelated and sometimes hard to read which does not seem to be a problem in the PDF version.

4. From 'Get started now!' on the Meteor website '$ curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh' is the installation command which is different than '$ curl https://install.meteor.com | /bin/sh' in '2.2.1 Installing Meteor' i.e. is there a difference to having ' | sh' vs. ' | /bin/sh'?

5. In '2.2.2 Setting up a new project' is based upon an earlier Meteor version example as noted by the newer version having a {{counter}} vs. {{greeting}} for the older version among other changes which could make it difficult for someone just getting started with Meteor to follow. Also, the code available from the publishers website is the completed code and not snapshots as the example unfolds which might not be as advantageous to learning. Along these lines, it might be helpful to work through any examples and commit them to GitHub at certain points in the process so it would be possible for a reader to be able to easily navigate the example to increase learning and understanding.

6. It would be great if the examples in 'Chapter 3 Working with Templates' were more user friendly in the sense of the reader being able to work through them in more of a complete example to be able to get more of a hands-on feeling of working through the code, i.e. the code feels like a snippet here and there where a reader could be missing the complete picture of what is going on and how the examples are all tied together.

These comments are all based upon reviewing the book on a variety of screen sizes and platforms from a 27" Late 2013 iMac to a 7" Late 2013 Kindle Fire including PC's running Windows 7-8.1 and a Chromebook with screen sizes from 11" to 18" where the PDF version seemed quite a bit more polished and easier to read than the Kindle version which seemed to have a variety of formatting issues which are sure to be cleaned up prior to production release.

Again, I really enjoyed the first three chapters and am really impressed with the material and presentation, but how could it be anything but awesome with Stephan Hochhaus and Manuel Schoebel as authors, but did want to give some initial comments on what looks likely to be an awesome Meteor.js book.