The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Hi,
I am not sure if the following are errata but I thought they were worth highlighting.

For for chapter 15 I was working from the version of the code on GitHub (Chapter15.1.UpdatesNeedFixing) using Xcode 9.4.1 and I noticed that I was not seeing runtime issues relating to ambiguous layout as suggested in section 15.6.2 pages 467/468, the issue was there and being flagged in the size inspector, but no runtime issue was being displayed.

When running the unit tests from the branch for Chapter15.3.Tested the tests fail, as they do not reset the books array as described in one of errata items.

As described in the book (and in branch Chapter15.3.Tested), the UI tests will fail if there hasnt been a version of the application on the simulator before as the "onboarding" screen will be shown. I am not sure if this a realistic concern but thought it might be worth mentioning.

I have tried to learn iOS development from a couple of books before and this is the first time I have completed one.

Thank you