Hi Shuyib,

I'm very sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been hard at work finishing the final chapters of the book which should be available soon!

I'm trying to reproduce your error and I'm not having any success. Can you upload the whole notebook/.py file you're working with so I can step through it with a debugger?

Thanks!
Hi Shuyib,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll take a look at the code and see if I can reproduce/solve the issue. Thanks for providing your Dask version numbers as well.

Best,
Jesse
Thanks for the help, Shuyib. I've gone back and double checked the code anyways just to make sure there weren't any typos.
Hi Shuyib,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been interested in learning more about Streamz since my company uses Akka Streams in a lot of projects and reactive programming is a general area of interest for me. However, I didn't think it would fit well in this book given that the book is targeting readers with a beginner-intermediate level of experience, and the book is focused on teaching data exploration/analysis and machine learning with Dask rather than building reactive data pipelines/big data ETL solutions.

In my opinion, reactive programming is a deep and complex enough subject that it warrants its own book.

Thanks,
Jesse
Hi Shuyib,

Thanks for the kind feedback and for your patience. I had to take a brief hiatus back in June due to some personal stuff, but I have several more chapters ready and the team at Manning is working hard to publish an updated MEAP. It should be released soon!

Thanks for your continued support,
Jesse