The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Thanks,

Did not find that function when I post it. I tried it and it works great.
Still, adding an appendix for drawing simple geometries would be interesting ^_^
Hi Regina,
Could you add an extra chapter in PART I - Learning PostGIS about how to draw some special (but frequently used) shapes?
I am looking for "circle sector" in particular. I can use polygon to approximate one at present. And I cannot use the curved polygon as I need to use st_contains, st_intersects functions.
Hi,
We are looking for spatial solutions to postgreSQL. But we find that PostGIS is on GPL license, which might cause some problem for commercial use.

And then we find that pgSphere supports the basic functions we are interested and it is on BSD license.

So here comes the questions: is pgSphere a simplified version of PostGIS regarding to functionality?

Thanks for anyone who can offer help ^_^
Thank you very much for your comprehensive explanation. It is definitely a good news for us to know that PostGIS is available for commercial use.
BTW, the book is a very good reference for PostGIS