The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

This book addresses a contemporary and very important topic about event streams paradigm. Glad I found this. Though I don't have personal experience building systems using events streams based approach but I want to learn more about this topic.

One thing I don't quite get is how a system based on synchronous request-response protocol mechanism would work if I had to build such a use case using events streams design approach. For example say if I have a RPC or REST based web service with an instantaneous synchronous request response cycle how would something like this fit in an event streams paradigm which is essentially asynchronous. Would such a service in the event streams world be as performant as synchronous request-response approach or request-response use-cases are different beast and not suitable candidate for using streaming events based design.

Let know your thoughts.

Thanks,
S
I was wondering if this book will also cover approaches for exchange of large sized data (for example data size less than 1 GB but more than 10 MB) between on-premise client applications and the processes running on AWS. This won't be one-time load but something which occurs on semi-weekly basis.