The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

I am leading an active discussion and leading some initiatives to make it easier to get Mondrian 4 into play with both EE and CE version 5.2. We're even doing development on Pentaho 5.3 so it should be a matter of installing a few plugins from the Pentaho MarketPlace and you can get up and running quickly without too much fuss.

http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread.php?180052-Mondrian4-OSGI-IvySE-Saiku
Page 16, Graph title "Performace" instead of "Performance"
Is there a discussion about using slowly changing dimensions in a Mondrian model? If the authors have encountered any scenarios, it would be nice to know generally what they were and what techniques there are to expose versions of rows using MDX queries, Mondrian models and the engine itself.

SCD is one of the most popular topics in dimensional modeling, yet I have never seen a schema in the last few years take advantage of it. All the schema I have seen take the latest technical key against a technical key in the fact table with a given measure.

Thanks for considering this topic.

Brandon