The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

I am really pleased to see the progress on this book, but I'm also frustrated.

When MEAPs come out, part of my motivation for buying them has been to support and encourage the authors, but of course the rest of it is that there's a subject that interests me that I want to learn more about.

What I'm troubled by with this book, and the now infamous Groovy In Action 2nd edition, is that the MEAPs are sold to us too soon, before the authors have truly committed to releasing the books and in this case the signs are obvious that finishing the content is pretty low down their priorities.

Don't get me wrong, that's fine and I understand why the authors would do that, but Manning? Is it anything but raw greed driving this behaviour?

From now on MEAPs aren't for me. If I want my books cheap I'll get them from the usual online bookseller, at least I know they'll be finished before I hand over my money.

Thanks again Roland and Jamie - I'm sure it'll be a great book when it's done, I hope it's still current too.
I'm really pleased to see this project seems to have unblocked.

I'll admit that I was beginning to think of my MEAP purchase as wasted money, but I'm really looking forward to getting the same high-quality Groovy learning resource that we had in GIAv1

Thanks again guys, looking forward to more.

~Tony