The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us say, I have a composite 1 made of components a,b and c.
a,b and c can be local or remote. Now due to some requirement change, b undergoes some change and c realizes some new feature. composite1 is deployed at site and is replicated on 100's of nodes. Now i want the changes in b and c to be deployed,how can i proceed?
A) i need a live upgrade feature where composite1 a1,b1 and c1 are running and in parallel i load a1,b2 and c2 (composite v2). Once these version2 components are up then i will make v2 as active and takedown v1, this way my services are least affected.
Using tuscany how can i achieve it?

regards
ragha
hi,

just now i bought your book. In my opinion one critical chapter is missing which is about upgrading composites which can span multiple processes/machines and how backward comptiability to be handled ....

regards
ragha