The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Is this book valuable to someone who knows Java but very little Groovy and NO JUnit or TESTNG. I read the preview chapter and it seems very well written (kudos). Some of your test scenarios which indicate a disaster waiting to happen sound all too familiar to me. Is this book a good place for me to start or can you recommend a book that would help me get started with unit and integration testing. Thanks.
I LOVE this book. It is very well written; however the source code on the web site for the 2nd edition does match very well with the book, especially chapter 2.
The book talks about DAOs but there are no DAOs in the source code. I have been trying to get a grip on the "Are DAOs dead?" debate. Since the book discusses them but the source code omits them, I am really confused.
I am looking at "Figure 11.1 CDI in context of services" Am I right in assuming that the presentation layer is pure facelets and that there is no JSF 2 java code in the presentation layer; only EL. Also can you tell me when it is appropriate to skip the backing bean (JSF or CDI) and map the facelets EL directly into an EJB? Thanks and I love your book!!!.
If I am creating a .war file with EJB 3.1and JSF 2.0, I am trying to figure out what code goes into what packages. What java package would I put JSF 2 backing beans. Would it be part of the "client" code. How do I determine what goes into 'buslogic' vs 'persistence' packages. Thanks for edition 1 and am looking forward to your 2nd edition.