The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

colliedunk1 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,
I've recently installed java 5 on a machine I remote log into and develop on. Bit in order to run the VM (virtual machine) I need to give -client flag to java ie java –client
The machine is a solaris machine and the default option is –server and I don’t know how to make client the default.
So in order to run ant I’ve set a environment variable ANT_OPS to include –client switch and ant now runs – hurray!!
In the build file I have a junit task and I want to put in a batchtest task with a fork = “yes” option… but the VM breaks as it need the –client switch.
The work around is to set the junit option <jvmarg value = "-client" /> which gives the forked junit VM the client switch, but I would like to fork the batchtest not the junit task.
Question is how to?

…I want to run each test in a separate VM, maybe forking the junit task might do this?
…I’m a little confused. If I make a test suite and add the test cases to it will they run separately so maybe I’m being too complicated?

Regards,
James.
ErikHatcher (211) [Avatar] Offline
Re: how to specify a task's VM setting
Your best bet is to post this specific type of question to the Ant user e-mail list. This forum is specifically for JDwA discussion.