The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

klothilde (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your book. It really helped me a lot to get that far with my project for my thesis.

I modelled a human in lightwave and imported it into java3d. there i build up the hierarchy and used on the RotPosScaleSplineInterpolator on the TG's to animate the figure. It is working perfect so far, but i would love to change the path of the xls-file of the interpolator if the user is pressing a button. so this avatar should move in a different way.

Changing the alpha class, to make it move faster is no problem, but i need a different animation.

Thanks for your help,
klothilde

do u have any idea how i can make it work?
dselman (104) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Changing RotPosScaleSplinePathInterpolator
Klothilde,

You would need a fairly sophisticated interpolator, a RotPosScaleSplineInterpolator that allowed you to modify the positions of the knots at runtime based on keyboard input. You should be able to grab the source for the interpolator from the java.net Java 3D project and and modify it for your needs.

Dan