PapaLazarou (4) [Avatar] Offline
Judging by the number of errata so far uncovered, it is fair to say the second edition will not receive the same glowing reviews as the first one. Strangely, I have yet to see an apology posted by Manning for this sorry state of affairs.
The worst aspect is the poor quality of the end of section questions. There are many incorrect given answers (and, indeed, at least one of the questions is inherently flawed); this would be tolerable if the errata section on the site was frequently updated but it currently has only one item in it.
I have several Manning titles, and can happily say that both the Hibernate ans Spring in Action books are excellent. I don't know what went wrong here but may I suggest that the authors at least visit these forums and deal with the errata personally; they made the mistakes, they should answer for them.
Having said all this, when you read past the mistakes, this is a valuable resource and could, like the First edition, be a great book. I hope that Manning employ their best efforts to achieve this.

Mike Hewitson