The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

chris_j_pook (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Daniel,

First off, thanks for a great book. It has been an invaluable resource during my dissertation project.

http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/chris.pook/dissertation.html

However I am stuck on one thing that I can't seem to get to work despite the examples in the book. I would like to use an Interpolator to move the ViewPlatform smoothly around my scene form point to point.

I have tried to modify your Interpolator code to work with the .setViewPlatformBehaviour() function, but to no sucess.

Is this the correct way of going about the problem ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Chris Pook
Re: Using Interpolator with view in Java3D
Dont worry Ive sorted it... Just pass viewingPlatform.getTransform() to the Interpolator constructor instead of a TransformGroup.

interpolator = new KBRotPosScaleSplinePathInterpolator(animAlpha, viewingPlatform.getViewPlatformTransform(),yAxis, linearKeyFrames);

Chris
dselman (104) [Avatar] Offline
Chris,

Looks like you're making great progress. Will you be able to post the runnable version online when you are finished?

Sincerely,

Dan
Hi Dan,

Sorry about the long wait for a reply...

Yes I will be posting the finished version on my site soon.

Cheers

Chris
Hi

The finished version of my project is now avaliable to download from my website...

http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/chris.pook/dissertation.html

It runs a bit slow on older computers, have a read of the readme file before running it.

Chris