The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

neillrosenthal (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Fergal

I need to get into .NET (from J2EE) and I like the look of your book. Do you have a new version planned that will cover .NET 2.0?
If so, do you suggest that I wait for this?
Will much of the content of the current version be obsoleted with 2.0?

Thanks
Neill
newkie (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: .NET 2.0 coverage
Neill,

Most of the major concepts will be the same. This is a great book in that it that it covers so much of the framework in so few pages. It is one of my most used resources and what I used to teach myself .NET. There are other great books out there which delve in to a lot more detail, but if you want to learn about the entire framework get this book and get your hands dirty by following along with the poker project.

That said, I would be very interested if a update is coming out.
pete (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: .NET 2.0 coverage
Yes I too would really like to see an update to this book. The Poker examples would probably be ideal for showing the use of the new Generics within .Net 2.0 and other new features of C# ....

Message was edited by:
pete

Message was edited by:
pete