This topic is READ ONLY
import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#1
[Originally posted by shorb]

When I point my IE 4.0 to http://localhost/custlist.htm, I am getting the
following error message: "Internet Explore cannot open the internet site
http://localhost/custlist.htm. Connection with the server could not be
established"
My pbcgi60.exe is in c:cgi-shl, I have made changes to c:windowsservices
file.
What's wrong? Please, help!
Also, I've heard, that in EA Studio 3.0 (i.e.,PB 7.0) Web.PB is substituted
with smth. else. True or False?

Thanks!
import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#2
Re: Problem running SimpleWeb App PDB
[Originally posted by ezad1]

> When I point my IE 4.0 to http://localhost/custlist.htm, I am getting the
> following error message: "Internet Explore cannot open the internet site
> http://localhost/custlist.htm. Connection with the server could not be
> established"
> My pbcgi60.exe is in c:cgi-shl, I have made changes to c:windowsservices
> file.
> What's wrong? Please, help!

Check your c:windowshosts. file. That's where the definition for localhost
need to go:

127.0.0.1 localhost

> Also, I've heard, that in EA Studio 3.0 (i.e.,PB 7.0) Web.PB is substituted
> with smth. else. True or False?

I haven't played too much with PB 7.0 yet, but I do know that web.pb is still
there.

>
> Thanks!

You're welcome!
import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#3
Re: Problem running SimpleWeb App PDB
[Originally posted by shorb]


> > When I point my IE 4.0 to http://localhost/custlist.htm, I am getting the
> > following error message: "Internet Explore cannot open the internet site
> > http://localhost/custlist.htm. Connection with the server could not be
> > established"
> > My pbcgi60.exe is in c:cgi-shl, I have made changes to c:windowsservices
> > file.
> > What's wrong? Please, help!
>
> Check your c:windowshosts. file. That's where the definition for localhost
> need to go:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
>
> > Also, I've heard, that in EA Studio 3.0 (i.e.,PB 7.0) Web.PB is substituted
> > with smth. else. True or False?
>
> I haven't played too much with PB 7.0 yet, but I do know that web.pb is still
> there.
>
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> You're welcome!

Yes, 127.0.0.1 localhost entry is in c:windowshosts.
Is there something elise I can check into?
Cheers!