The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

matlabwu (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
i can't download the source code at www.manning.com/shigeoka.
Is that link broken?
Could anybody send me the source code,my email is wukewei@gmail.com
iain (56) [Avatar] Offline
Re: why i can't download the source code
Hi,

What problem are you having? I just tried it and the download works fine.

-iain
matlabwu (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
It always say "Internet Explorer can't download shigeoka_src.zip from www.manning-source.com.Can't connect with the server".

when I copy the address "http://www.manning-source.com/books/shigeoka/shigeoka_src.zip" to my download tool ,It also say "time out".

I'm in china,is that the problem?Is there some American law forbid the foreigner like chinese to use the source code.Could you send me the source code?Thanks to you reply
so quickly!
Hi,

Some ISPs do not properly update their DNS servers. So you may not be able to resolve the manning-source.com server name to the server address. This is a network configuration problem from your network/ISP. Sometimes just waiting a few minutes and trying again will give your ISPs DNS server time to lookup the name and provide the correct results the next time. If not, you have to contact your ISP to find out why you can't contact our server. Perhaps they're running a firewall that's preventing access.

-iain
zhoucan (1) [Avatar] Offline
I think iain's explaination right. Our DNS server parse the url www.manning-source.com to 216.193.194.215.When I ping this IP address , replied with "Request timed out." . Is it a correct IP address for www.manning-source.com ? Could anybody email me a copy of "shigeoka_src.zip" and "shigeoka_src_lib.zip" ?
Thank in appreciation.
I think you need to contact your ISP and see if you may have some connectivity issues:

[ion:~] ion% ping manning-source.com
PING manning-source.com (216.193.194.215): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.193.194.215: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=25.872 ms

Ping's fine for me (SBC DSL connection in CA). We have a policy of not emailing binaries so hopefully you can get your connectivity resolved.

-iain
zhuam (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
i can't download the source code at http://www.manning-source.com/books/shigeoka/shigeoka_src.zip.

Could anybody send me the source code,my email is zhuaming@gmail.com

thanks!

Message was edited by: zhuam