legerdemain (10) [Avatar] Offline
Ok, I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to get the first example of generating a todo list to work. Problem is, everything builds successfully. I've even copied the example build.xml file from this forum. When I look at the generated index.html though, there is no info on the page. It is basically just blank (has the standard default headers and what not with the overview gifs and stuff, but no data from the source file). I have @todo tags in the java source file, but its no good. What could the problem possibly be? Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

PS, sorry for posting this twice, but I didn't mark the first as a question and don't seem to be getting a response. Thank you.
btarbox (5) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ToDo Problem
First thing to check would be that your @todo tags are located in a javadoc style block: i.e.

/**
* This is my class
* @todo This tag will be picked up
*/
public class myclass {
// @todo this will not get picked up by xdoclet
}
legerdemain (10) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ToDo Problem
Ok, actually I managed to figure out a few things, but in turn I created some more questions that hopefully you could answer for me. I managed to get some Todo comments to generate, but I also managed to find a case where todo comments will not generate. Specifically, the example below will not generate todo comments due to the package line. If I simply remove the package line, then todo comments are generated. Any idea why this is? What I'm missing or if this is expected? Here is the example code that fails soley due to the package line. I verified this by removing the package line, re-running the ant script, and sure enough, Todo information was properly generated.

package com.legerdemain.test

/**
* @todo this is the class
*/
class Test {
private String name;

/**
* @todo this is a method
*/
public String getName() {
return name;
}