btarbox (5) [Avatar] Offline
I need to add some import statements to my session bean remote interface.

I've tried putting the code in remote-custom.xdt but the code gets merged at the end of the file smilie

My xdt file just has the raw code in it...I can't find any doc on how to specify in the xdt where the to-be-merged code should end up.

Thanks in advance!

Brian Tarbox
habuma (279) [Avatar] Offline
Re: need help on merge point for Session Bean Remote Interface
Without seeing your XDT file, I can't be certain. But, the merge file should be placed exactly where the <XDtMerge:merge> tag is placed. If that's not working for you, post your remote-custom.xdt file here and I'll take a look.
wam_fr (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: need help on merge point for Session Bean Remote Interface
Hi,

the answer is a 'few' late, but it may help somebody else searching on the net smilie.
If you have a look at an XDoclet template (this is the remote.xdt) :

<XDtClass:classTagValue tagName="ejb:bean" paramName="remote-business-interface"/></XDtClass:ifHasClassTag>
{
<XDtClass:ifDoesntHaveClassTag tagName="ejb:bean" paramName="remote-business-interface">
<XDtMethod:forAllMethods>
<XDtEjbIntf:ifIsInterfaceMethod superclasses="false" interface="remote">
<XDtMethod:methodComment indent="3"/>
public <XDtMethod:methodType/> <XDtMethod:methodName/>( <XDtParameter: parameterList/> )
<XDtMethod:exceptionList append="java.rmi.RemoteException" skip="javax.ejb.EJBException"/>;

</XDtEjbIntf:ifIsInterfaceMethod>
</XDtMethod:forAllMethods>
</XDtClass:ifDoesntHaveClassTag>

<XDtMerge:merge file="remote-custom.xdt">
</XDtMerge:merge>

}

As you see the merge point is hard coded at the end of the class.
So if you want to change it, you will have to modify the desired template, and repack the xdoclet jar file.

Matthieu Peschaud