The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

JLMoran (1) [Avatar] Offline
I just bought a copy of JSP Tag Libraries, and am curious to know if there are any plans to release a 2nd edition of the book. When the book was published in 2001, the JSP 1.1 spec was the standard and the 1.2 spec was just being ratified.

Now JSP 2.0 is the standard, and there have been many changes in the API. I'd like to see a 2nd edition of this book that delves into the new Interfaces and Classes in the JSP Tag API, as well as coverage of the new JSP Tag File option.

Obviously, I can still use the current book as it does cover the changes introduced by the 1.2 spec. However, we are preparing to migrate to a J2EE 1.4 environment and it would be good to know the new functions and capabilities offered. A handy reference book that deciphers the various API documents and offers first-hand experience is invaluable for this. I'm hoping that you are in the process of making this reference, as the current one is excellent.

TIA!

- Joe -