pmestrez (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

I have search in this forum for "Loop" and find several message about it but no code samples.
Is it possible to get a little piece of code that shows how to loop the cmaxmiditrack's of the MaxSeq.
I've test several ways to get it but never success.

It will be very friendly.

Best regards.

Pierre.
sgrace (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Loop Midi Track
I'm interested in this as well. I'm experimenting but haven't found the answer yet. The book implies that it's possible, though. smilie

> I have search in this forum for "Loop" and find
> several message about it but no code samples.
> Is it possible to get a little piece of code that
> shows how to loop the cmaxmiditrack's of the MaxSeq.
> I've test several ways to get it but never success.
Freq (22) [Avatar] Offline
Hi guys,

I've been working with Paul's toolkit for a few months now and I've been quite successful at building a loop based MIDI sequencer. I can't send you any code but if you have specific questions, I can likely help. As mentionned in a previous post, I've upgraded the DLLs quite a bit. I actually run my sequencer on Win98 because it runs better than on XP with Paul's Thunk technique - but I use an XP machine to code and I've managed to install everything I need to create the special version for 16-bit. I originally built my sequencer with DirectX but I get better performance with Paul's DLLs ironically. Anyways, hope I can help.

f.

En passant, j'parle francais aussi.
sgrace (3) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your kind offer, but no help is necessary in my case.

Yesterday I discovered an easy way to loop tracks that seems to be good enough for my purposes. I overrode ProcessSyncDone using a subclass of CMaxMidiSync and have it call ReStart and CMaxMidiOut::StartOut.

The timing probably isn't that tight, all the tracks have to be looped, and all of the tracks have to be the same length, but it works for me.
Freq (22) [Avatar] Offline
OK. BTW, I did discuss some of the techniques I used for creating my loops here:

http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=11675&tstart=0

You seem to have the right idea tho.