arunthegr8 (2) [Avatar] Offline
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/ComparisonFailure
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.addFailure(RemoteTestRunner.java:533)
at junit.framework.TestResult.addFailure(TestResult.java:46)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:127)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:131)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:173)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:16smilie
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:410)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:294)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:182)

If I run the test suite with the text test runner (junit.textui.TestRunner) it runs fine and I am not able to resolve the issue.
vmassol (51) [Avatar] Offline
Re: I get this exception while using eclipse M8
Do you run your test by using the "Run as... | JUnit test" in Eclipse or by running your app as an application?
arunthegr8 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I used Run As Junit in Eclipse. But I get the same error even when I use the swing ui in Junit while running it as an application.
vmassol (51) [Avatar] Offline
I'm also running Eclipse 3.0M8 and I have no problems executing tests. Is it working fine with 3.0 M7?

I have no clue what your problem is? Have you tried looking into your .log file in your workspace metadata directory to see if there's anything interesting in there?

If you still have a problem, I suggest you send an email to the Eclipse mailing lists (see http://www.eclipse.org/mail/index.html).

Thanks