gbeljaeff (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I'm very new to JUnit, and to Java as well...

I've succeeded in writing a Junit test that mimics a message and sends it in to an EmailGateway.onMessage() handler. The onMessage handler parses the message OK... But when I put in code that tries to create an email, JUnit fails:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: mockContext: Unexpected call: lookup( <java:/Mail> )
Expected no methods
at com.mockobjects.dynamic.Mock.invoke(Mock.java:91)

Is this something that can't be done using JUnit? Or am I missing something? Thanks.
vmassol (51) [Avatar] Offline
Re: email creation in an EmailGateway.onMessage() test
Hi,

It means there is call happening (lookup()) that you have not configured in your mock context. You need to tell the mock what to do when this call happens.

-Vincent
gbeljaeff (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you. This sort-of helps...
This mock stuff is very new to me -- I'm pretty much just using the examples in the JUnit In ction book, without fully understanding everything. Can you give me any helpful sample code that would help?

Thanks!
vmassol (51) [Avatar] Offline
err... There are lots of examples in the book... (you can also download the junit in action sample zip file).

Apart from this, you can check the website for the different mock objects frameworks (EasyMock, DynaMock - now named JMock with a slightly different API, etc).

More information can also be found on www.mockobjects.com

Thanks
-Vincent