The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Absinthe (5) [Avatar] Offline
I've typed it in exactly as you printed it, and I even went and d/l the code as well, still get a crash when I run the client.

Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Type System.DelegateSerializationHolder and the types derived from it (such as System.DelegateSerializationHolder) are not permitted to be deserialized at this security level.

Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.CheckTypeSecurity(Type t, TypeFilterLevel securityLevel)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.CheckSecurity(ParseRecord pr)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.ParseObject(ParseRecord pr)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.Parse(ParseRecord pr)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapHandler.StartChildren()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.ParseXml()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, ISerParser serParser)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeSoapRequestMessage(Stream inputStream, Header[] h, Boolean bStrictBinding, TypeFilterLevel securityLevel)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Echo.EchoObj.add_ServerEchoEvent(EchoEvent value)
at EchoClient.Main()
vic2 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Re: 5.6.4 EchoClient crash
It’s funny
It didn’t work either for me.
It works fine now after I’ve changed echo client/server
make them to use configuration file