The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

shivkpr (30) [Avatar] Offline
HI,
I have downloaded all the source code- all 3 files but cannot find art_mothered_jsp set of files as mentioned on page 51 of the book.

As I'm going though the chapters in a sequential manner please let me know where I can get this

If anyone else in the forum knows then again please let me know

thanks
nford (36) [Avatar] Offline
Re: art_mothered_jsp
I'm not sure why that sample wouldn't be in the archive, but I've contacted the publisher with a fresh copy to make sure it is. I've also attached the ZIP file to this message, so that you can get it right away.
shivkpr (30) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks Neal.

I also had another post on the forum but I've figured that one out myself

I'm onto Tag Libraries which seem complicated. do you know of any web sites that help beginners on this topic
nford (36) [Avatar] Offline
You should check http://www.manning.com/shachor for the excellent Manning book on custon tag libraries. This link inlcudes a couple of free chapter downloads.

For other on-line resources, check www.javaranch.com, the "Big Moose Saloon", JSP topic, which provides a lot of information and help for those new to custom tags.

I know that the chapter is complex, and it wasn't meant to be comprehensive, but more to show how custom tags fit into the overall evolution of architecture. If you want to delve into tags, I would suggest further research using the links above.