thorsten (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

we would appreciate some help on Mocks in XDoclet. It seems to us that while creation of mocks for interfaces is supported (and we're able to create them), the support for abstract classes is not working. Regrettably, the book's samples don't go far enough to cover abstract classes. XDoclet claims that abstract classes are supported but after having tried about every conceivable combination of attributes, we're at a loss.

On a more general note: What is known about the status of the mock-part of xdoclet. It seems to have moved a bit lately, but is it currently supported by anyone? There are no examples and the tag-information is on a syntax-level only. We're relatively new to xdoclet, so we appreciate any kind of help or hint.

Cheers
Thorsten
habuma (279) [Avatar] Offline
Re: XDoclet: Problems with Mocks
I'm not sure where you got the idea that mock objects could be used with abstract classes, but that is wrong. (If it was our book, let me know and I'll post it as an errata.) Mocking abstract classes is just not possible and, in fact, goes against the idea of the mock object concept.

As for support for Mock Objects...I can't say for sure who owns that module, but if there's something you need help with, let me know and I'll try to assist.