manu.net (1) [Avatar] Offline
What about .NET V2.0 ? Do you plan to write a new book and when ?

An eager reader
eebrown (89) [Avatar] Offline
Re: whidbey .NET 2.0
Yes, in fact, I do. I have an early version of the Whidbey version and am working on an outline for how to update the book for this next version.

Thanks for asking,

Erik
remo (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Erik

I read your book when I was developing a windows forms app recently. Now I start a project on Whidbey.
Because your book is the best technical book I've read so far, I would even take the handwritten version of your draft of the new book!
Any chance to get an early draft? In return, I could offer to give you structured feedback about the experience I'll make during the new projec using your new book.

Thank you for considering my request.

Kind regards
Remo
eebrown (89) [Avatar] Offline
Remo,

Yeah, well, don't tell my publisher, but I'm a little behind on this. With the Beta 1 that just came up, I expect to get working on this more energetically over the summer....

If you think you'll be interested in a month or two, send me your email to the email listed in the front of the book (page xxv). This account gets a lot of spam, so I filter it. Include the word "Windows" or "book" in the subject, and it will come through to me. Such reviews are worked through the publisher directly, so I can't promise anything, but I'll try to put in a good word....

Thanks,

Erik