The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

288226 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Julien,

I am exploring Vertx for my micro-services application. For example, my use cases are handling large files (Json, text, xml) asynchronous, non-blocking and streaming with low memory and non-blocking databases and unfortunately blocking relational DBs too.

But a lot of the core vert.x APis are in callback style passing in callback function handlers which makes it painful to compose a chain of calls. I understand you cannot cover many languages, but Scala maybe ? Scala APIs seem friendlier.

Or if there are equivalent Java vert.x APis which return CompletableFuture. It would be great if that and vrtx RxJava2 could be covered in your book.

Thank you for your timely book !
Julien Ponge (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi!

I am currently finishing a chapter discussing the different asynchronous programming options beyond callbacks in Vert.x, so you will definitely have this topic covered smilie

Cheers