The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

632446 (2) [Avatar] Offline
So, I can download the files just fine (uixxx.zip with ch01-ch13 or so compressed subfolders).

Unzip all of them into the same directory as all my other learning projects (just getting started, so just have junk projects from doing tutorials).

If I look in my standard projects, they all have an .sln file where as all the uia-2e-code ch01-13 just have .DS Store, assets and Project Settings sub dirs in them.

Issue - Unity Hub can't seem to find these ch01-13 to open.

If i start from Unity, and go open project, it still takes me to Unity Hub (e.g. I cant just point to directory ch02 for example).

Am sure this is like open project 101 but I'm so lost, was hoping someone here could help.

Unity is 2018.2.18f
632446 (2) [Avatar] Offline
FYI - figured it out, posting it here in case any finds this via search.

From Unity Hub, there is an 'open' button
Open and point to the right directory, and simply say 'open folder' rather than look for and find some 'project file' or something.