btgrant (4) [Avatar] Offline
Towards the end of the "Understanding IAM Permissions" video, when I am running the deployed code, I'm getting an error from the AWS SDK's ParameterValidator; the meaningful part of the message is:

message: 'Expected params.Body to be a string, Buffer, Stream, Blob, or typed array object',
  code: 'InvalidParameterType'

I added some console logging in resizer.js in both getS3Object and putS3Object the logging on putS3Object occurs just before the error. I have otherwise copied/pasted the code from the GitHub project so, as far as I can tell, it isn't an issue with something I've mistyped.

Thanks for the help! Really enjoying the content so far!
Brian
479219 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hello can you share with me the code that you are running (upload it to github and share the link) and also the exact line where you get this error?

Cheers,
Marcia
479219 wrote:Hello can you share with me the code that you are running (upload it to github and share the link) and also the exact line where you get this error?

Cheers,
Marcia

I pushed my code to Github. I experienced this issue with both "master" and "with-additional-logging" branches. As best as I can tell, the error results from line 28 of resizer.js because I can see the log statement from line 26 before the error occurs. It's also an AWS that is producing the error relating to params.Body.

Hopefully that's what you were looking for! I'm a relatively inexperienced JavaScript developer and this series is literally the first time I've done anything with Node!

Thanks again,
Brian

I took another look at it and cloned your repo and used the 3_2_basic_operations branch with my serverless.yml; that worked. But when I copy/paste the code from your repo in to mine, that doesn't work. Maybe there's something messed up with my project. I'll start a new one from scratch and see if it works. As I said, I don't know Node and maybe I messed something up along the way.
479219 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Ok, let me know how it goes.
If not put the code in github. where the error is and what the error is. and I can check it out
I got some help with troubleshooting my broken project from a coworker who has a lot more experience with Node. Though the .js files between the two projects were the same, the package.json "dependencies" list was quite different. Yours only lists
  "dependencies": {
    "jimp": "^0.2.28"
  }

while mine lists
  "dependencies": {
    "jimp": "^0.6.0",
    "serverless": "^1.35.1"
  }

When I remove the "serverless" dependency from mine, the project works as expected. I'm not sure how that got in there -- maybe something I did incorrectly when setting up the project.

It's also worth noting that, when I run sls --version, the output is 1.33.2.