The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

321488 (6) [Avatar] Offline
I have started to upgrade the samples to Spring Cloud Finchley and finding too many changes. If anyone has successfully done this would be great to know. Seems to require considerable rework in places. If anyone is interested in sharing the work to keep a working version of this book going will be happy to collaborate.

It is quite interesting how bad projects like Spring Cloud are at managing upward compatibility.
213135 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
You can see my work for spring boot 2 at https://github.com/klimtever?tab=repositories .

Thanks,
Salva
595515 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks Salva, you saved my day...! With your work, I also could run the code with spring-boot 2.1.1.RELEASE, Greenwich.RC1 (chapter 7, authentication service, at least)...

FcoSandoval
sguillory6 (28) [Avatar] Offline
I got all the samples through chapter 7 with the exception of the authorization server in chapter 7 working with Finchley.SR2. I initially started migrating to Spring Boot 2.1.x, was having issues and noting that there wasn't an official Spring Cloud/Spring Boot combo listed on the Spring Cloud, I backed off to Spring Boot 2.0.8.

I see that the other fellow has gotten you to where you want to be. Just providing a data point.
sguillory6 (28) [Avatar] Offline
I should add that I am a Gradle guy, so I migrated all the builds to Gradle. If anyone is interested, let me know.