The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

606285 (2) [Avatar] Offline
chapter 5, ¶310: Building Ethereum ?Apps

Error executing the code, what I see in Remix, is that it does not allow pragma solidity ^ 0.4.16; I must place pragma solidity ^ 0.5.0; I make the change and it works but the DeleteExample contract gives the following error:

browser / DeleteExample.sol: 3: 5: SyntaxError: No visibility specified. Did you intend to add "public"?
     function deleteExample () returns (int32 [5]) {
     ^ (Relevant source part starts here and spans across multiple lines).
I need to determine if the error is by using the version ^ 0.5.0 or if it is for another reason and in the previous examples I have had errors I also put them in another point.
RobertoI (29) [Avatar] Offline
Hello, many thanks for the interest in the book and for your feedback.

In the latest version of the manuscript I am recommending the reader to pick version 0.4.24 of the compiler, which is the one I have been using while writing the book code examples. I have also fixed various small bugs. You should see these fixes in the next MEAP release.

Many thanks again!