The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Kristen W. (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi everyone,

Kristen from Manning here--I'm the Development Editor for Kafka in Action and I hope you are enjoying this book so far. I want to follow up with readers to make sure that you feel satisfied with the coverage of topics and the length of the chapters. Any feedback on this that you might have would be useful to us in making sure that we are creating the most effective guide to learning about Kafka possible. Thanks for your help and happy learning!

Best,
Kristen W.
Development Editor
Manning Publications
365602 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Will the book cover Kafka implementation pattern?
Like, introducing a project with a set of requirements and show how Kafka can fit right in the project.
Dylan Scott-55450 (14) [Avatar] Offline
I would say that there is a mix per showing how Kafka is used. No one example project is used throughout the entire work-the book covers various examples.

Chapter 3 is really setup to show how Kafka works in a fictional company with various requirements to a project and how Kafka can be used in various scenarios.

Most of the other chapters try and use short examples that make the topic we are discussing at that moment concrete.

If you can with livebook tokens, take a peek at Chapter 3 if you are interested to see some examples!

Thanks!