import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#1
[Originally posted by jquenta]

Hello Mr. Barlotta

We are currently working on a Power Builder distributed application. Our
Application Server was developed in Power Builder 7.0 but we actually have
several problems in the application deployment. When we have more than ten
users, the application performance is poor, and we expect to have at least
four hundred users in the future.

We are planning a migration process to Jaguar CTS, but some people told us
that Sybase won't release more versions of Jaguar CTS, and they won't give
more support to this product. Is this true?

Regards,

Jose


import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#2
Re: About Jaguar CTS
[Originally posted by mbarlotta]

Jose

>
> We are currently working on a Power Builder distributed application. Our
> Application Server was developed in Power Builder 7.0 but we actually have
> several problems in the application deployment. When we have more than ten
> users, the application performance is poor, and we expect to have at least
> four hundred users in the future.
>

Are you currently using Jaguar CTS or Distributed PowerBuilder?
We have many Jaguar applications performing quite well under load.
Do you have the Jag server on a dedicated machine?
How did you architecht your components?

> We are planning a migration process to Jaguar CTS, but some people told us
> that Sybase won't release more versions of Jaguar CTS, and they won't give
> more support to this product. Is this true?
>

Who told you that - sales guys at BEA Sys?
Jaguar CTS (aka EAServer) is the bread & butter of Sybase it is not going
anywhere!!!
import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#3
Re: About Jaguar CTS
[Originally posted by jquenta]

Michael
>
>
> >
> > We are currently working on a Power Builder distributed application. Our
> > Application Server was developed in Power Builder 7.0 but we actually have
> > several problems in the application deployment. When we have more than ten
> > users, the application performance is poor, and we expect to have at least
> > four hundred users in the future.
> >
>
> Are you currently using Jaguar CTS or Distributed PowerBuilder?
> We have many Jaguar applications performing quite well under load.
> Do you have the Jag server on a dedicated machine?
> How did you architecht your components?
We are using Distributed Power Builder.
We have a dedicated machine.
Our components are shared objects. This objects only consults the Database.
>
> > We are planning a migration process to Jaguar CTS, but some people told us
> > that Sybase won't release more versions of Jaguar CTS, and they won't give
> > more support to this product. Is this true?
> >
The sales guys told us this. We take care of the support on Jaguar CTS in the
future.
>
> Who told you that - sales guys at BEA Sys?
> Jaguar CTS (aka EAServer) is the bread & butter of Sybase it is not going
> anywhere!!!

Thank you
import-bot (20212) [Avatar] Offline
#4
Re: About Jaguar CTS
[Originally posted by jasonweiss]

DPB will not be supported in the future. In fact, I encourage you to read the
readme.txt file that comes with PowerBuilder 7.0. It is understandable that
you are having performance problems with DPB. I doubt it is possible to have
a DPB app support 400 simultaneous clients. For a load like that, you
definitely want to migrate to EAServer ASAP. You'll get many additional
features from EAServer as well, such as High Availability/Load Balancing.

Jason Weiss

> Michael
> >
> >
> > >
> > > We are currently working on a Power Builder distributed application. Our
> > > Application Server was developed in Power Builder 7.0 but we actually have
> > > several problems in the application deployment. When we have more than ten
> > > users, the application performance is poor, and we expect to have at least
> > > four hundred users in the future.
> > >
> >
> > Are you currently using Jaguar CTS or Distributed PowerBuilder?
> > We have many Jaguar applications performing quite well under load.
> > Do you have the Jag server on a dedicated machine?
> > How did you architecht your components?
> We are using Distributed Power Builder.
> We have a dedicated machine.
> Our components are shared objects. This objects only consults the Database.
> >
> > > We are planning a migration process to Jaguar CTS, but some people told us
> > > that Sybase won't release more versions of Jaguar CTS, and they won't give
> > > more support to this product. Is this true?
> > >
> The sales guys told us this. We take care of the support on Jaguar CTS in the
> future.
> >
> > Who told you that - sales guys at BEA Sys?
> > Jaguar CTS (aka EAServer) is the bread & butter of Sybase it is not going
> > anywhere!!!
>
> Thank you