The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Gerard Gallant (8) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for purchasing the MEAP edition of WebAssembly in Action! I welcome any feedback you may have.

One thing to note as you’re going through the book is that I included the characters [CA] in some of the code examples and command line arguments earlier than I should have. Those characters are meant for use by production to indicate that the line continues (wraps). All command lines shown should be just one line. Please ignore the [CA] characters.
Gerard Gallant (8) [Avatar] Offline
At the moment, the book uses the variable names memoryBase and tableBase for the importObject when using the WebAssembly JavaScript API.

We're in the process of correcting this issue but, in the meantime, if you're using Emscripten 1.38.21 or higher the two variable names were changed. The variable names will need to be adjusted in your code when you reach the following sections...

- Chapter 2, listings 2.1 and 2.2:
memoryBase should be __memory_base

- Chapter 3, listing 3.9:

- Chapter 4, listing 4.3:

- Chapter 5, listing 5.7:
tableBase should be __table_base

Update February 3rd: The items listed above have been corrected in the latest MEAP update.