214173 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

This is probably just as much an issue with my Kobo eReader, but when I reach sections with the style "Feature1" my eReader just displays a blank page. The first one of these is the "Downloading and running the example application from the Git repo". I can't even turn the page to get past it. It seems like it is a never ending blank page. Are others experiencing issues with these sections?
Susan Harkins (397) [Avatar] Offline
If you can you give me a heading number of something more specific to look for, I'll look into it. Unfortunately, "Feature1" isn't something I can search on.

Thanks!
Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
Of cause, I was just so focused on lookin into the source of the book that I forgot about that kind of details smilie. It is section 1.6.2. There is a box just after "Using VS 2017, here are the steps:". On my Kobo eReader that doesn't render, and it seems that section spans 20+ blank pages.
Have you tried using Edge or another epub-compatible browser? I just used Edge and the content is there. I apologize for the inconvenience just the same.

Susan H.
Yes, you are right. It works in Edge. I just don't like reading by the computer. I have also contacted Kobo, the manufacturer of my eReader, but they are very reluctant taking up the matter, when the book is not from their store.
Until you can find something else that you like, you might try Freda. It's free and handles Manning epubs pretty well.

Susan H.