The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

541245 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Mr Richardson

First of all, thanks for your excellent books.
I successfully started all services with docker compose, but I would like run and debug services in Intellij Idea.
I got the above error when I try to debug service in Intellij. Could you help me? Thanks in advance.

Error starting Tomcat context. Exception: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException. Message: Error creating bean with name 'servletEndpointRegistrar' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/actuate/autoconfigure/endpoint/web/ServletEndpointManagementContextConfiguration$WebMvcServletEndpointManagementContextConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.web.ServletEndpointRegistrar]: Factory method 'servletEndpointRegistrar' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'healthEndpoint' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/actuate/autoconfigure/health/HealthEndpointConfiguration.class]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.boot.actuate.health.HealthEndpoint]: Factory method 'healthEndpoint' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'net.chrisrichardson.ftgo.cqrs.orderhistory.dynamodb.OrderHistoryDynamoDBConfiguration': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'aws.region' in value "${aws.region}"

ceracm (110) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. There are several environment variables that need to be set. See the file set-env.sh

I typically launch IDEA from the command line after setting the environment variables by running ". ./set-env.sh"
ceracm (110) [Avatar] Offline
I've simplified the configuration. You just need to set DOCKER_HOST_IP. See README.