Susan Harkins (398) [Avatar] Offline
#1
Please post errors found in the published version of Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition here. If necessary, we'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's convenience. Thank you for participating in the collection process. Your contributions are a great help to us and other readers.

Regards,
Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
212961 (2) [Avatar] Offline
#2
Section 1.2.2
Figure 1.4

I believe the NAT instance should be in a public subnet. The subnet is labeled private in the diagram.
Andreas Wittig (71) [Avatar] Offline
#3
212961 wrote:Section 1.2.2
Figure 1.4

I believe the NAT instance should be in a public subnet. The subnet is labeled private in the diagram.


Absolutely, I'm very sorry about that obvious mistake. Will add that to the errata.
212961 (2) [Avatar] Offline
#4
Section 3.4 (page 81 in the print edition)

You write "The public and private IP addresses have also changed"

I believe ONLY the public IP address will change. The private IP remains the same after the initial launch of the virtual machine.
welkie (24) [Avatar] Offline
#5
I got an email that there was a MEAP update for the book today, despite it already being published. Is this what the MEAP update was for?
Andreas Wittig (71) [Avatar] Offline
#6
212961 wrote:Section 3.4 (page 81 in the print edition)

You write "The public and private IP addresses have also changed"

I believe ONLY the public IP address will change. The private IP remains the same after the initial launch of the virtual machine.


Thanks a lot for your feedback. That's accurate. "The instance retains its private IPv4 addresses, any Elastic IP addresses, and any IPv6 addresses." (see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-instance-resize.html). Will add that to our book's errata.
Andreas Wittig (71) [Avatar] Offline
#7
welkie wrote:I got an email that there was a MEAP update for the book today, despite it already being published. Is this what the MEAP update was for?


As far as I know, the recent MEAP released the epub and mobi ebook format.
Susan Harkins (398) [Avatar] Offline
#8
Mobiles run a few weeks behind the pbook. The mobiles have been approved for release; if you haven't received notice yet, you will shortly.

Thank you,
Susan Harkins
Susan Harkins (398) [Avatar] Offline
#9
The current errata list for Errata in Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition is available at https://manning-content.s3.amazonaws.com/download/a/2c489f8-0608-4897-991d-6f31e9dea7b7/Wittig_AmazonWebServices,2E_err1.html. Thank you for participating in the collection process. Your contributions are a great help to us and other readers.

Regards,
Susan Harkins
Errata Editor