The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Daniel PĂ©rez (1) [Avatar] Offline
Mr. John Carnell

Could you tell me if there is any way to run the examples related to the book, without using Docker? (It seems to be difficult to run them successfully in Win 10 Home with Docker).

Specifically in the example in Chapter 3, how the .yml configuration files could be properly relocated (Profiles: common - dev - prod). I am not sure if there are any configurations within the Docker files that are necessary, and that they can be reorganized in another way in the project to eliminate the use of Docker.

I would appreciate your guidance in this matter.

PS: The book seems like a marvel to me. I just hope I can run the examples on my laptop to better understand the topics covered.
sguillory6 (28) [Avatar] Offline
I run all of the samples both from Gradle with the Gradle Spring Boot plugin and in Docker. With the plugin, I run:

./gradlew bootRun --args='--spring.profiles.active=default'

I believe with Maven, which the builds from the book are based on is similar, uses a Maven Spring Boot plugin that builds an executable jar:

mvn package
$ java -jar target/mymodule-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar