The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Shuyib (21) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I've gone through the table of contents of the book but, I've not seen if there is any coverage of streaming dataframes which I learned about here https://matthewrocklin.com/slides/anacondacon-2018.html#/ (click on play along with the live examples). Are there plans to add that in full book?
Jesse C. Daniel (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Shuyib,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been interested in learning more about Streamz since my company uses Akka Streams in a lot of projects and reactive programming is a general area of interest for me. However, I didn't think it would fit well in this book given that the book is targeting readers with a beginner-intermediate level of experience, and the book is focused on teaching data exploration/analysis and machine learning with Dask rather than building reactive data pipelines/big data ETL solutions.

In my opinion, reactive programming is a deep and complex enough subject that it warrants its own book.

Thanks,
Jesse
Shuyib (21) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the response. I agree. I just found it interesting since I've thought of some IoT applications where I wanted to try and implement it but, I haven't found good resources or tutorials that explain how I can do it well apart from what was demonstrated by Matthew.
437886 (3) [Avatar] Offline
I would really love to see some examples on streaming dataframes as well though.. please take it into serious consideration