The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

183323 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Good Morning!
I had a quick look at the book today and it looks promising!
I would like to submit two ideas so as to know what the author and the readers think about it:
1) In the chapter 2, the UI is developed with ReactJs. But as a java developer, I have never worked with this library. So is it possible it include a short description of the design of the front-end part?
2) Why not giving meaningful names to the maven projects (the artifact id), like 'ch01-enterprise-java-ms', 'ch02-rest-ms', ...'ch11-streaming-with-kafka'. This could be useful to quickly understand their role after having made the initial import withing an IDE.

Thank you for your answers/comments.
Anvar C.
Ken Finnigan (21) [Avatar] Offline
Anvar

Thanks for your comments.

As the book is now complete, there won't be any additions possible at present.

I didn't include any details of the ReactJS UI as it's not relevant to developing microservices and I didn't want to get side tracked with content that most readers wouldn't be interested in. For a future edition we could consider adding something small.

With respect to the Maven artifact names, each module is prefixed with the chapter details as you had suggested. I tried to be as descriptive as possible without creating a name that was 100 or more characters in length. If you'd like to suggest alternate names, then please submit a PR to https://github.com/kenfinnigan/ejm-samples

Ken