The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Mr T (1) [Avatar] Offline
Good morning, John,

I have finished reading your book and now I am working through the examples. It is concise, straight to the point and hugely informative. I loved it.

One things that which was not included in the book (which is understandable due to the size of the subject) is levels of testing, and best approaches for testing microservices.

Ideally, I would like to know more how to apply TDD and BDD to microservices, and what tools Spring framework has to offer.
I appreciate that this is outside the scope of the book. However, if you could point us in the right direction, to some online material, and/or course, that would be grand.

For any microservices/docker newbie like myself, I recommend this udemy Docker - Hands On for Java Developers course. It really helps to put docker in the big picture of microservices, and vice-versa.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas
sguillory6 (28) [Avatar] Offline
My colleague at ThoughtWorks authored the Manning book "Testing Microservices with Mountebank" that has just been released. I highly recommend it. The focus on the book is a form of testing called wire mocking, in which the Mountebank servers as a mock process providing your other service dependencies, and contract driven testing which is essential to quick delivery of microservices.