592390 (3) [Avatar] Offline
There are a bunch of unwanted characters showing up on example code in the book.

eg.

[CCA]topologyTestDriver.readOutput("purchases",
Page: 235. There are a lot all over the place where there is a sample code. I dont know whether its some character rendering mess in the pdf reader.

Another one one Page 224
[CA}oldState == KafkaStreams.State.REBALANCING) {

Another on Page 80 (the whole code renders with [CA] in multiple places.

[CA]new KafkaStreams(streamsBuilder.build(),streamsConfig);

Page 68 -- Seems it should read "used the form s.toUpperCase()" and there are similar errors a lot in different places.

You could have used the form s s.toUpperCase() , but because toUpperCase() is an
instance method on the String class, you can use a method reference.

Seems there is no proper proof reading at all for the book, as there a lot of typos, errors, grammatical errors, errors in images where especially with some text etc.,

Will the book be properly proof read and these kinds of things fixed or just published with the errors as it seems the book is supposed to be published this month???
592390 wrote:There are a bunch of unwanted characters showing up on example code in the book.

eg.

[CCA]topologyTestDriver.readOutput("purchases",
Page: 235. There are a lot all over the place where there is a sample code. I dont know whether its some character rendering mess in the pdf reader.

Another one one Page 224
[CA}oldState == KafkaStreams.State.REBALANCING) {

Another on Page 80 (the whole code renders with [CA] in multiple places.

[CA]new KafkaStreams(streamsBuilder.build(),streamsConfig);

Page 68 -- Seems it should read "used the form s.toUpperCase()" and there are similar errors a lot in different places.

You could have used the form s s.toUpperCase() , but because toUpperCase() is an
instance method on the String class, you can use a method reference.

Seems there is no proper proof reading at all for the book, as there are a lot of typos, errors, grammatical errors, errors in images where especially with some text etc.,

Will the book be properly proof read and these kinds of things fixed or just published with the errors as it seems the book is supposed to be published this month???
I just checked the latest copy of the published book. Things look great and in place. I think some of the chars that were not rendering proper was some rendering issue with pdf reader or something. Checking out the final copy looks wonderful and clean in all respects. I dont know yet about some of the typo etc which were hanging around in the images as well as text. When I go through the book one more time, I should know.

Thanks for the great work and a very useful book.