The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
Please post errors in the published version of Testing Java Microservices here. If necessary, we'll publish a comprehensive list for everyone's conveniences. Thank you for participating in this process!

Regards,
Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
632936 (2) [Avatar] Offline
I was getting errors when I would run the Maven command on page 18: "mvn install -DskipTests" in the ./game folder. The errors were:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.wildfly.warm:wildfly-swarm-plugin:2017.4.0:package (default) on project game: Execution default of goal org.wildfly.swarm:wildfly-swarm-plugin:2017.4.0:package failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.wildfly.swarm:wildfly-swarm-plugin:2017.4.0:package: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: null...

I found out since that "Wildfly Swarm" is now "Thorntail". See this site for migration details: https://jaxenter.com/thorntail-version-2-1-0-final-148293.html.

After I ran "mvn io.thorntail:thorntail-maven-plugin:2.1.0.Final:migrate-from-wildfly-swarm" I still got errors.
"[ERROR] Failed to execute goal io.thorntail:thorntail-maven-plugin:2.1.0.Final:package (default) on project game: Execution default of goal io.thorntail:thorntail-maven-plugin:2.1.0.Final:package failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing io.thorntail:thorntail-maven-plugin:2.1.0.Final:package: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: null..."

Can you please provide some guidance to resolve this? Thanks.

[Dec. 28, 2018]
I found out that this is resolved by downgrading Maven from v3.6.0 to v3.5.4.