The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Tom P (2) [Avatar] Offline
I just got stuck on the section on tagging in 6.1.4

I think the problem is that you recommend tagging your "cloud-shell-storage-%region%" with the workload : development tag. I did this but then wasn't getting anything back when running the command:

az resource list --tag workload=development

That seems to be because "cloud-shell-storage-%region%" is a resource group not a resource, so it won't get returned.

You'd need to run:

az group list --tag workload=development

To see the expected result, or have I messed something else up?
Iain Foulds (18) [Avatar] Offline
Sorry you ran into issues. The text + graphics could probably be a little clearer here, but this was a tough one to do when people could have various different resources in their account.

The cloud-shell-storage-<location> resource group should exist in everyone's Azure account having used the Cloud Shell in previous chapters. The screenshots are more leaning on the resource group itself as otherwise it's a random alphanumeric string that may add confusion, but the steps are correct in that you should select a resource that you have, not the resource group itself.

If you tag the underlying storage account, the steps should work. Otherwise, yes, you'd need to adjust the command to view tagged groups.

Hope otherwise things have going well and you're enjoying the book!
Tom P (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for the reply. All good and the book's great!

Tom