Joe Rose (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
I'm sure I missed a step somewhere, as I don't see others having this issue, but I seem to be totally stuck at the end of chapter 4 when I try and test my ASK CLI deployed super sleeper skill. Everything looks good in both the Alexa Developer console and in AWS Lambda.

The error I'm receiving when I attempt to run "Alexa, launch super sleeper" is:
Unable to import module 'index': Error
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)

Looking around on forums, others have noted that this can occur if the skill is zipped incorrectly (i.e. having an intermediate directory in the hierarchy). However, I only used the 'ask' commands outlined in chapter 4 to create and deploy this and I'm experiencing this issue.

I also encountered the same problem when I attempted to deploy the chapter-4 source code exactly as it's checked in to git right now (then redeploying once the ask_id is generated).

Any help/clarification would be appreciated. It seems like there may be a setup issue that could be outlined more clearly?

Thanks,
-Joe
dustin (14) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Joe, thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry you ran into this problem. I'll take a look at it and get back to you.
Hi Dustin,
Thank you very much. Please let me know if screenshots or source code would be helpful.

I did just find this blog post about the issue that has a possible resolution relating to how OSX's default permissions on the 'node_module' directory makes it unavailable to AWS. I did try 'chmod -R 777 *' for the skill a couple nights ago and was still met w/ the same issue, but I'll try exploring this avenue a bit further.

https://github.com/lorenwest/node-config/issues/275

-Joe
dustin (14) [Avatar] Offline
Joe, can you send me the code? dustin@dcoates.com

Hi Dustin,
I just emailed you my code along with some screenshots. Thank you so much for helping me out here.

-Joe