The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Yvan P. (2) [Avatar] Offline
I found the chapter 10 interesting. I like the use of the 12 factors with a security point of view

Some ideas :
  • As I understood, "Immutable Infrastructure" seems to be a good element for security and design. They have no state and nodes like servers or service can't be manually modified.

• Function as a Service seems to be a good canditate for doing security and design.

• It can be interesting to do a link between cloud approaches and some tactical DDD patterns (anti-corruption layer, ...)

• Dan Bergh Johnsson (11) [Avatar] Offline
    Yvan P. wrote:I found the chapter 10 interesting. I like the use of the 12 factors with a security point of view

Some ideas :
  • As I understood, "Immutable Infrastructure" seems to be a good element for security and design. They have no state and nodes like servers or service can't be manually modified.

• Function as a Service seems to be a good canditate for doing security and design.

• It can be interesting to do a link between cloud approaches and some tactical DDD patterns (anti-corruption layer, ...)

• Great to hear that you are enjoying the book.

Immutable infrastructure is definitely a good element for security and design. We considered whether we would dive deeper into SecDevOps aspects, but we had to stop somewhere. Otherwise, the book would never be finished.

We are eagerly following Function as a Service developing, thinking it has high potential for Secure by Design. But admittedly we have not the same level of practical experience as we have in the other fields we cover. Not yet, but we are working on it and there are promising aspects.

And please, do write an article about the really interesting crossroads between cloud and DDD. Unfortunately we had to leave those out to concentrate on areas we could argue specifically around security benefits.

Thanks for you feedback. Best regards

Dan