The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

468206 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Seems like this book is getting well passed its initial release date and the versions of the technologies used are advancing at quicker pace (deprecated methods, security fixes). By the time this book is released will you be able to build a production ready application with its contents or will we need to resort to the older version used?
594224 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Please provide a response to previous post, as this will determine whether or not I will be requesting a refund on my purchase.

This Blog has many questions unanswered, as it seems that this MEAP may have gone inactive. The GitHub repository has not been undated in the last year and a half as well.

Isn't the benefit of purchasing a 'MEAP' that the purchaser will benefit from interim updates, as that was the main purpose I made this purchase.

Please advise the status of this Project and whether our not the Author will be updating its content before releasing the version, which has a Copyright of 2017 but it is not being released until 2019.

The MEAN Stack applications have had multiple updates since 2017 and the GitHub repository needs updating, as well.

Thanks much,
Clive.Harber (14) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

Firstly, let me apologise, on behalf of Manning, for the really long delay in response to this question.

Secondly, let me introduce myself. I am Clive, I have been kindly asked by Manning to take over the stewardship of this book and guide it to completion. Simon unfortunately left due to personal reasons with the book 75% complete. Manning have been trying to keep the project alive ever since.

With regards to the question on relevance of versions used in the text. We've just been through our third review off the back to Angular 6, Node 10, MongoDb 4. Since then, Angular 7 has been released. The manuscript is going to be updated to that, hopefully before it goes out to MEAP.

The GitHub repo will also be up to date in line with the above too.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for your continued interest in this book

Clive