The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

442058 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I am writing here because i am disappointed about the epub quality.

* some Page are render blank in the reader and make the reader crash (KOBO aura HD) - cant click "next page". This is not 1 page but 2-3 per chapter.

* code is for the most part highlighted with color underline , including spaces before & after . This is unconfortable to read and feel like an old href unclosed bug rather than a "design helper"..

* for some unknown reasons, the Main cover illustration is half size in the list...

* there is no proper "pagination", on Edge reader page number is c06.xhtml / b01.xhtml ?

ps : I own many others manning e-books, that runs perfectly.

sorry but you understand this is not the quality i was waiting for. smilie

Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you for reaching out; I understand your concerns, and I'm sorry you're disappointed in this particular mobile. We're working on a new conversion process and unfortunately, there are a few kinks. I'll check on that process and get back to you. I know that doesn't help you right now and again, I'm sorry.

Thank you,
Susan Harkins
Errata Editor
Susan Harkins (424) [Avatar] Offline
The epub has been reformatted and will be redistributed. You should receive notice soon. Thank you for your patience!

Susan Harkins
Errata Editor