The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

import-bot (20211) [Avatar] Offline
[Originally posted by tbelich]

The current package of Active State Perl does not have a Data:smilieumper module.
It has Data:smilieump instead. I've tried running the examples in Chapter 11, but
have not been able to make them work with the module Active State supports.
Could someone please tell me how to revise the code to work with the
Data:smilieump module?

TIA

Tom Belich
import-bot (20211) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Data::Dumper Active State Perl
[Originally posted by dave]

> The current package of Active State Perl does not have a Data:smilieumper module.
> It has Data:smilieump instead. I've tried running the examples in Chapter 11, but
> have not been able to make them work with the module Active State supports.
> Could someone please tell me how to revise the code to work with the
> Data:smilieump module?

Tom,

According to the list at
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/PPM/Packages>,
Data:smilieumper _is_ included with ActivePerl. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't
as it's been a standard Perl module for some considerable time. If you think
that there's a problem with the version of ActivePerl that you have then I
suggest you mention it on one of the ActivePerl mailing lists at
<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Perl/Mail>.

The Data:smilieump module is something completely different. My examples won't
work with it.

Dave...