@angular-devkit/core 0.7.0
@angular-devkit/schematics 0.7.0
@schematics/angular 0.7.0
@schematics/update 0.7.0
rxjs 6.2.2
typescript 2.7.2

ng serve
Your global Angular CLI version (6.1.0) is greater than your local
version (1.6.8). The local Angular CLI version is used.

To disable this warning use "ng config -g cli.warnings.versionMismatch false".
Cannot read property 'write' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property 'write' of undefined
    at UI.write (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/ember-cli/lib/ui/index.js:56:23)
    at UI.writeLine (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/ember-cli/lib/ui/index.js:69:8)
    at Class.run (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/tasks/serve.js:229:12)
    at check_port_1.checkPort.then.port (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/commands/serve.js:123:26)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)
Jesse Palmer (53) [Avatar] Offline
528516 wrote:Any thoughts on the below?

Angular CLI: 6.1.0
Node: 8.11.3
Angular:

Package Version
------------------------------------------------------
@angular-devkit/architect 0.7.0
@angular-devkit/core 0.7.0
@angular-devkit/schematics 0.7.0
@schematics/angular 0.7.0
@schematics/update 0.7.0
rxjs 6.2.2
typescript 2.7.2

ng serve
Your global Angular CLI version (6.1.0) is greater than your local
version (1.6.8). The local Angular CLI version is used.

To disable this warning use "ng config -g cli.warnings.versionMismatch false".
Cannot read property 'write' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property 'write' of undefined
    at UI.write (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/ember-cli/lib/ui/index.js:56:23)
    at UI.writeLine (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/ember-cli/lib/ui/index.js:69:8)
    at Class.run (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/tasks/serve.js:229:12)
    at check_port_1.checkPort.then.port (/home/ryan/workspace/angular-testing/testing-angular-applications/website/node_modules/@angular/cli/commands/serve.js:123:26)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Right now the project doesn't support that version of the CLI. Looks like there was a breaking change at some point. Try running:

npm i -g @angular/cli@1.6.8

That should work. The Appendix will be updated to reflect this.

528516 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Cheers, I'll have a crack at that when I'm at my dev machine and see what happens smilie
Craig Nishina (4) [Avatar] Offline
I am assuming you are looking at the website directory. Since your global and local Angular-cli node modules are different, you could run the ones specified in the repo with "npm run ng". So if you needed to run "ng serve", you would run "npm run ng serve". We also added a shortcut in package.json "scripts", where you could just run "npm start" which shortcuts to the local node modules "ng serve".